Friday, September 2

Huzzah!

In a recent post I used the word "huzzah" and if you know me you know I'm prone to say that word time and again. You might ask "What's with me an using that word?" (Ok, you DID ask.) It's quite simple really, it was the medieval expression equivalenct to "yay!". I just happen to think that "huzzah" sounds more funny than "Yay!" and sets me apart from everyone who says "Yay!" Besides it reflects me interest in things old. Who knows... maybe I am starting a fad.

In other news Lisa, Beth and I went to the Triple Door last night. The food was pretty good and it's a really cool venue to see a concert. You've got the table in front of you, you can order food and watch the concert. We we dead center and one row of tables back (I would say the perfect spot) of the stage. The band, Perfect Strangers, were both a fun and lively bluegrass group. (Not country music)

I came into work a couple hours early this morning because when I woke up this morning it felt like I hadn't slept at all. That said, and explained, I am going to go build some computers now! (Like actually put them together, and then put Dos 6.22 on them! This is like crazy old-school PC day!)

~B.

8 comments:

  1. Ah, I see. The first place I heard the word was in Pirates of the Carabbean (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) and it seemed really cheezy to me, hence the question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 AM

    I don't remember it being in PotC... I first heard it when Lisa and I went to a Medieval fair.

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 PM

    you sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:43 PM

    That's what my wife thinks...

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's in Pirates of the Caribbean at the end when the curse is lifted and the pirates surrender to the British. All of the British start shouting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Oh... well Huzzah then! No more pirates!

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Well done!
    [url=http://kaacqwgm.com/epha/bsri.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kincprwt.com/aipd/inpl.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Thank you!
    http://kaacqwgm.com/epha/bsri.html | http://kuogqnbh.com/gtof/pjfu.html

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***