Tuesday, June 19

He knows

I've been having some pretty crazy and vivid dreams these past couple of days. Some of them are strange, others are touching, and some just leave me confused. I had one dream last night where I was fighting in a battle against all sorts of horrific fantasy type creatures. I was adorned in a glowing white armour and was fighting with two swords. My close friends where also on the battlefield and were wearing different types of armour and fighting with different types of weapons, but we were all out there fighting. We were all doing really well and the battle turned in our favor and the creatures fled.

We all returned to our camp (tents, pavilions, etc) to celebrate the victory, and while we were reclining and kicking back a character came to me. I remember that he was dressed very nicely and there was a beautiful woman with him. I don't remember much more than that other than in my dream I knew who he was. I was afraid of him and moved around the camp to try to avoid him. In my dream this character was the devil. I finally ended up in a tent with a couple of my best friends. Then the devil came in and sat down next to me. I can't recall what he said to me but part of what happened in my dream was that he cheapened my armour and my swords. What had been metal before now appeared to me to be simple plastic. At this point my best friend stood up and rebuked the devil and we left the tent. After that I wasn't followed anymore and I was able to celebrate with my friends and family without fear of being followed.

I don't know really why I shared the above with you, but it's kind of an example of the dreams I've been having.

This morning I spent some time in the book of Mark. Jesus really spends a lot of time healing in that book. This was again a reminder to me that Jesus IS the great healer and when He heals He heals completely and He heals well. I love that about the Lord, when He does something He does it greatly. He doesn't do it 25% of the way or 63% of the way He does it 100%. Now of course from our view sometimes things look a little off, but really our Lord does what is not only good for us, but what is GREAT. He knows when my throat needs to heal, how to heal it and what I need most for His glory. He knows if making it to my brother's wedding is good for me and/ or the place I need to be. He knows and He cares.

Something that I really enjoy doing is looking back and seeing, with hindsight, how God has taken care of me and watched over me. The parts and pieces that didn't make sense at the time that make sense now. One example is how this whole things started: I had a strange pain in my lower back and abdomen so I went to the doctor. He examined me and proclaimed it was constipation but just because he wanted to have an abdominal ultrasound done. Well, that led to finding the cancer. The "funny" thing is is that I've never had that pain again since they've found the cancer. God is watching out for me.

In tongue news it doesn't burn this morning. It feels like I have scabs on the back of my tongue. I am going to avoid solid foods today in hopes that I don't do damage to something that is probably healing. It's been a week now since I've eaten a meal of solid foods. It's tough. God knows how much I enjoy food and there has to be a lesson in this I'm just trying to figure it out. Either way, He knows what I need.

Praise God, pray for my healing, pray for daily strength for Lisa and I and pray that in everything I go through I can praise the name of God.

~B.

2 comments:

  1. You've made your Mama cry tears of joy. I rejoice in all that the Lord is teaching each one of us.

    BTW--the only way he can cheapen your sword and armor is by your letting him convince you that they are not powerful. The truth is "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses." (2 Cor. 10:3&4) Stand firm in the Lord. We're all fighting right next to you.

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 AM

    OK, so I am a bit late in responding to this. I have been thinking about how the enemy tries to 'cheapen' what God has provided as good and perfect. The fall was a result of that. Much of how the world looks at things is a cheap version of the original.

    Dad (Poppa P)

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***