Saturday, May 2

Migraines and Cheese

I went to the doctor this week and they looked at me and then suggested I stop taking the stuff I had been taking to try and get better. They then suggested I try Claratin (cheap stuff that) and nasal spray to see if that would stop the pattern of a migraine every 2 to 3 days. We'll see how that goes. The idea is to keep my sinuses from swelling and keeping them moist. At this point I am willing to try almost anything over a migraine every X number of days.

Today Lisa and I had a fairly busy day. After some chores and errands I attempted to make cheese. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese was what the article said could be made fairly easily at home. I spent a while on the project and got maybe two tablespoons of Ricotta from a gallon of whole milk. The final analysis, with some help, was that the acid I was using wasn't acidic enough thus not causing enough of the milk to curdle. (Curds and Whey) So, while the stuff Lisa and I were able to test was tasty, it wasn't worth the time, energy, or effort put into making what little we got.

I really wanted this to work, but this time around it didn't seem to. Oh well, I guess not everything I attempt in the kitchen can turn out a successful product. Maybe I'll try to use the remaining milk to see if I can make it separate any more with some stronger acid tomorrow. If I get enough for another picture I'll post one.

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben,

    Heather got me a cheese book for Christmas, and I've tried a couple of the recipes... Some are frustratingly more difficult than they're supposed to be. There's an Indian cheese called Panir that is ridiculously easy to make - it just uses milk and lemon juice. I highly recommend that you try it! If you're interested, I can type it up for you. Once you make that, it's just a short step to saag panir, an amazing Indian spinach curry.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***