Sunday, November 8

Ginger chews

The Starbucks employee at the drive-thru asked us "So, are you doing anything fun today?" Ben semi-laughed and I said "Well... we're going to the hospital..." Fortunately at this point the Starbucks employee jumped in with a story about her son's concussion yesterday. It's amazing how tired I've gotten of repeating Ben's side effects (Ben understands - he's tired of them too). I had only ordered a drip coffee, but since it was brewing it took longer than the two lattes in line behind me. It's been more than a week post-chemo, and Ben's recovery is still very slow.

A nice story to counterbalance: one of the nurses here was at Target looking at candy. She saw some "ginger chews," thought of Ben's ongoing nausea and digestive problems, and bought him a box! They are absolutely delightful candies, by the way. And how sweet of her to care enough about Ben to think about him on her time off.

We have a doctor appointment tomorrow to discuss the next treatment cycle. Pray for wisdom and creativity in their decisions!

Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***