Sunday, October 3

Short Sunday

Not much to report on Ben. He's still very sleepy and somewhat sick, but it looked like he ate more today. And his release date was bumped up to a tentative Tuesday, if his numbers keep improving and no more problems crop up. Yay!

I'm not going to lie, I was starting to go a little crazy. So I went to church this morning, then left the hospital earlier than normal. Church was surprisingly refreshing, and I'm not talking about just spiritually (it was that) but socially. Several people came over to catch up and encourage me. It's not that I've had problems with the people at this church, more that I still feel like an uncertain outsider. I also got an invited to come and look at a new friend's remodel-in-progress, which I did on the way home from the hospital and ended up staying for dinner. Yeah, saying you're an architect can get people interested in your opinion :) Now I've satisfyingly just finished with the weekly housework.

Being a caretaker is a tricky balance. Part of me believes that I've blown off my responsibilities to Ben today, but the other part of me says that I need to keep fostering other relationships and taking care of other responsibilities even with Ben in the hospital. When Ben comes home this week, I'll be more ready for it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Lisa,
    You amaze me every day. It is a fine balance, but you can not take care of Ben if you aren't a whole person, and if you don't take care of you and the things that you have to get done, then you can't take care of Ben. In reading all of your posts and blogs, I believe that Ben knows this, too. By taking care of you, you are better able to take care of Ben.
    I pray for you especially, Lisa, strength, wisdom, patience, and love.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***