Friday, October 28

Contest!

Over the past three years or so the phrase, "it is well with my soul" has resonated very strongly with me. So much so that three years ago I decided to pursue the idea of getting a tattoo of that phrase. But then I got sick again and more pressing matters, like chemo and feeling horrible a lot of the time, took top priority over permanently adding artwork to my body somewhere.

My feeling about the phrase, and the slight irony that I would have it tattooed on my skin haven't left me and I have started to think about it again. I know there are more than a few people that read this blog that might have some ideas about what something like this might look like. I don't really have too many requirements for it honestly. It can be in almost any language, binary, English, Latin, Arabic, Sanskrit, German, elvish, Chinese, etc etc. I was thinking about doing it as a kind of "shoulder guard" style, but I don't have a lot of shoulder so I am not sure if other areas would be better.

This is a call to you the artists, graphic designers, doodlers, Typographers, etc who would like to help me out, and contribute something permanent to my life. Winner gets a nice dinner, no matter where you're at. Entries can be submitted to my email address. You know the one Ben dot morrell @ gmail. It can be fleshed out, a sketch, text of an idea. I'd like to see what you design that combines a bit of you, with the phrase, and tries to capture a bit of me as well.

Thanks for thinking it over.


--

~B.

Ben Morrell
Skype: OCBenMorrell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***