Thursday, August 25

Saved! Common ump!

As Lisa and I are netflixing our way through various movies and such I will probably take the time to write something here for you all (3, maybe 4 or you?) to read on my take on the movie we either 1. Just watched, or 2. saw last night.

Last night's movie was Saved! Don't bother to dig up the trailer on this one, it tells you nothing about the story, or even close to anything helpful. In fact it even leaves out a major character all-together.

Anyway, absolute bitting portrayal of charismatic faith in teens gone a little out of control. At times I found it hard to watch because it seemed to be made as mockery, but they were doing such a good job with the "Christianeese" of the thing. Some parts were funny, but overall I thought it was a pretty good movie. Deffinatly something for believers to watch and be warned about the dangers of extreme blind faith. In fact some of the characters seemed very much like pharisees. A good ending as well. I'd suggest you watch it and see what you take away from it. If nothing else a really good conversation point with others. (By writing this review and telling you to watch it I'm not saying I agree with this movie's worldview or some of the things they do approve of in the movie, I just think it's a good coversation starter.)

Next movie up from Netflix is Oscar, which I have seen before, but Lisa's missed. After that is a movie called "Fragile Machine". We'll see how it turns out.

~B.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:26 AM

    I LOVED Saved!, i thought it was so funny! I agree that it is definately a movie to make you think about yourself and perceptions of your personal faith and Christianity in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:48 AM

    At first when I watched it I wasn't sure if I would like it so much. But in thinking back on it what seemed like some hard mockery of the Christian lifestyle is more of a kind of satire to proove a point.

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't the filmmakers' intentions determine whether they were mocking or proving a point? If the intended to mock Christianity, and you thought they were sincerely trying to bring up something about the Christian culture, was that mockery or discussion-starting?

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***