Friday, April 26

Well, I went to work (MS) today, only to discover my meeting had been moved and cancled! So after the rejoicing I swung by BN just as they were opening up and picked up my paycheck. I then sat down at the cafe and did something I'm not allowed to do when I'm working there. I read. That's right, I READ! So as I was reading I came accross something in this grand book. (It's a book on Anglo Saxon swords, my guess is that it's someone's PHD work that got published.) Anyway I came accross a reference to a place called Lowbury Hill, which had something/ somone burried under it. And low, the poetry dids't flow from me upon the reading of that name:

Lowbury Hill
by Ben Morrell
4.26.02

What there lies under Lowbury Hill?
Whatever it is, is now cold and still.
What he once was, was a warrior of old.
Who fought glorious battles, or so we are told.
Was it an arrow, or blade that ended his life?
Or was it a dagger in bed, instead of his wife?
What there lies under Lowbury Hill?
Whoever he was, he lies now, so very still.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***