Saturday, June 9

Get with the pokey

Yesterday after I had written my daily entry my mom took me to the pharmacy where I picked up some new/more meds for a hopefully queezy free weekend. Much to my surprise the shot I have to take to boost my white blood cell count after the chemo was changed to twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. This presented itself as a problem because we (Lisa and myself) were not self-administering the shots because 1. there was/ is very little chance I am going to be sticking myself with a needle. (I should be careful writing things like that down) and 2. Lisa was able to give me a couple of shots last time but it really stressed her out.

Lisa's mom had been doing the shots last time due to her nurse's training and was quite excellent at it. However they have plans for things like vacation and can't be around morning and evening for the next 10 days. Thus I felt I was in a bit of a dilemma. How was I going to get these shots I needed?

Well, it turns out that God had plans for that. My mom called a nurse she knew that goes to church with us that works at Evergreen hospital and she is able to do the shots in the evening, and she pointed us to a friend of hers that also works at Evergreen and goes to Crossroads who is able to do the shots in the morning! Both of these ladies are a HUGE blessing from God and they do their job excellently. Both are so willing to help, I don't know if I can really convey how much it means to me to have them swing by in the AM and PM for a couple of minutes just to give me a shot.

A BIG thank you to Lorrie and Debbie, you two have come in and done something that is hard for Lisa and I to do and have made our lives so much easier because of it. You have my endless gratitude, and I thank the Lord for you both.

Prayer requests: Praise for the extremely helpful nurses, prayer that the drugs I'm taking this weekend will keep my body strong and the queezyness away, and pray that I can spend some time with some friends who are in town this weekend.

A big thanks again for everyone who has stopped by the house or hospital to say hi. Now that I am home I get fewer visitors than when I was in the hospital (days are really slow if you happen to have some time at lunch or something to visit please don't hesitate to call and see if I am available (I probably am), you don't need to stay long, I just like to see people. (Just PLEASE make sure you're healthy.)) But if you also have some free-time in the evening contacting myself or Lisa about coming over to see us is fine as well. We'll let you know if we're over booked or anything.

Thanks again!

~B.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing well. Sarah and I hope to see you sometime soon but since I'm running sound for Baldpate my schedule's been really nuts. I have a CD I want to give you. If anyone from Taproot head that way before we do I'll send it with them. Hang in there.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***