Monday, August 18

Ordinary

On Thursday I started seeing a psychologist. (No, not like, "I see psychologists everywhere... only they don't know they're psychologists...) It was suggested by several people that seeing someone that could help me through some of the walls I throw up in my mind when someone starts talking about cancer might be a good thing.

The guy I am seeing was suggested to e by a pastor at church and so far I think I can see the merits of a psychologist. I could also see having someone who knew what kind of questions to ask and that I could speak honestly to (with more age and experience than myself) would be just as valuable. (Kind of like a mentor) At this point however the psychologist fits the bill.

We talked for an hour or so and at the end of the time he asked me a question that I have had rolling around in my head since then. (Head activity + semi busy schedule = no blog updates) He asked it completely neutrally so I can't say for sure if he was just asking a question or trying to discover something.

The question was, "Is it ok to be Ordinary."

I don't want to write anymore on what I think at this point, because I want to toss the question out, think on it a bit more, and then write a full post on it later.

In other things we had some friends from our small group over on Saturday night. They are from Columbia and we had a good time talking with them about all sorts of things. It really is fun to be able to talk with someone who comes from a different culture and to see how things are similar and different.

I am looking into a potential job change. I don't want to say much more at this point, but I would like prayer for wisdom about how I should proceed. I'm sure I'll write more on it later as I get closer/ have more details.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***