Monday, February 16

Hanging with Jesus

I am attempting to read through the Bible in a year with the ESV reading plan (via RSS!!) and this morning I was reading Luke 7. The end of the chapter contains the story about the woman who washed Jesus' feet with expensive oil:
"Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet. You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment." -Luke 7:44-46
It made me think, if I was hanging out with Jesus where would I be? I know I wouldn't be like the Pharisee, but I am also pretty sure I wouldn't be down on the ground kissing and cleaning His feet. And, honestly, that makes me sad.

~B.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Via RSS. I think that is the bible reading plan for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably be gettin high with Jesus, nawmean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Nope... don't know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***