Thursday, March 19

Oh computers!

The following exchange happened between myself and my tech (Larry):

Larry: i am looking in the avg virus vault on wm and it found a virus on 06/22/2014
Ben: Wow... good to know!
Larry: in 2014? what is this, back to the future?
Ben: Well, it must be really bad if AVG traveled back from the future to warn us about it.

I think we'll keep AVG, they come back from the future to warn us about bad viruses. Take THAT crackers hackers! (Which now that I write that I understand why people say "hackers" to mean "bad computer people". When I say "crackers" it makes me sound like I am making some sort of slur.)

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Wow, they have that time travel thing down pretty good. I heard they could send code back a few years, but wow over 5 years now. Some day they will be able to send a message back to ARPA and maybe all of this will just stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, if only it was public knowledge that cracker really was referring to a bad hacker.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***