Sunday, March 1

Psalms for the Seasons

While I was in chemo Psalm 40 was a rallying point for me. It was what I needed. It talked about waiting patiently for the Lord and Him hearing my cry and rescuing me from distress.

This morning in church the worship director did a responsive reading of Psalm 30, verses one through five:

"I will extol you, O LORD, for you have drawn
me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and
you have healed me. O LORD, you have brought
up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life
from among those who go down to the pit.

Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints,
and give thanks to his holy name. For his anger
is but for a moment, and his favor is for a
lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but
joy comes with the morning."


That section hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. It's not the only thing this weekend to confirm God's faithfulness in healing either.

Tomorrow I have a CT scan. I don't know what it will show, but God has provided me with reminders this weekend of His faithfulness to me. Tomorrow I go towards my scan not with fear, but with hope and excitement to have God confirm the miracle of healing He has done in my life. But like with anything if God's will is to put me through more cancer treatments then that is His will and I will strive to do what I need to do in that.

Thanks for the continued prayers!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***