Friday, May 7

Chill'n at the infusion center

Today I am at the infusion center again for some maintenance. This last round of chemo really did a number on my system. I hope that it won't be as bad next time, but one never really knows. My hope is to stay away from the hospital almost completely next week. Maybe stay at home and try to come up with some ideas on how I can keep myself busy these days, maybe with paid solutions. If you have any ideas (legit ideas) please let me know.

I've been thinking about web design stuff, as well as working on OC's Sharepoint technology. Oh, speaking of OC my partner in crime, Elliot Irby (my temp replacement while I am spending time in the hospital and at home) has secured Google Apps for OC! This means we'll be getting the benefits of gmail, google docs, etc. All under the guise of our current email domain. OCI.org. The thing that makes this really cool is that Google offers it for FREE for non-profits under 3000 people. So we'll be moving away from Lotus (Thank the Lord!) and moving to gmail. The uptime reliability will increase about 20%. it'll be widely available on many platforms, and the mail system should be responsive to the needs of our organization than Lotus currently provides. (not to mention making it a lot easier for our IT staff to make the changes that need to be made, anywhere in the world.) It's a pretty exciting change that OC will be feeling the effects of a main change in the next few months. Wish I could be playing a bigger role, but I'll take them as I get them.

~B.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome news about GApps for OC. I don't know much about it, but I know it's a lot easier than dealing with Lotus. It's exciting for OC. Maybe once Crystal finds a job I could pay you to do something with my photography website (maybe work on something more HTML-based).

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***