Wednesday, May 12

No telling doc

While the doctors will occasionally ask what you want, there really is no telling them what to do. Yes you can accept or deny treatment as you feel like you can, but still, when dealing with an "expert" in an area their attitude becomes, "You came to me. What? Are you not going to listen to my expert advice now?" Or after waiting in a small room nervously for 3 hours you feel like you've fought your way to some kind of solution, so pretty much anything they say feels like it might solve something. "You'll need to be slapped with a herring 15 times next week." "Oh, thank you doctor!"

However the important part is that you have a team you can trust and feel like they have your best in mind. Which is how I feel about my oncology group here in Colorado Springs. I feel like they are really looking out for me. The oncologist today asked me if I wanted to hold off for another week. This was after I told him I wasn't really happy with how I was recovering this week so far. I told him that I'd rather never start again, but since I have to that I might as well just get it over with. (Especially after waiting a week or more to get an appointment with the Dr. in Houston. (Who I think I am only an interesting case study to))

Spent a part of the day out and about with a friend and fellow co-worker of mine today. It was nice to get out of the house and spend some time with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.

Thanks for the continued support!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***