Friday, April 8

A taste of normal normal

Today I did something I haven't gotten to do in a while... or I should say I haven't had the energy to do in a long while, and that was to engage in some cooking and/or help in the kitchen. I generally have to worry about how tired I am, too much talking making me cough, coughing fits, my back getting tired, cutting myself, etc etc etc.

My mom, who is in town for a week, helped get some shiskebobs ready as well as worked with me to get some naan prepared. (You can see some pictures here)

After dinner we got a little adventurous and made a pineapple upside down cake from scratch and used fresh pineapple. (See pictures at above link) It finished up too late for me to have any. (so I could get to bed tonight, but Lisa and mom both enjoyed it. Maybe I'll have some for breakfast.) It's been a lively afternoon/ evening in the kitchen. I'm worn out for sure, but I had fun.

Recipes for the naan and the shiskebobs can be found in our cookbook as well as here:
Naan.

The Pineapple Upside Down cake is located here: Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Sometimes it is the little things, like cooking and working more than 20 hours this week, that make life exciting... or at least in my case it seems like some small semblance of "normal". I feel like I don't even know what "normal" is outside of chemo and hospitals and drugs anymore. It was nice to get a taste of it this week. Thanks team for the support and the prayers and all the encouragement. I really appreciate it as the battle continues. (Oh, and do me a favor and don't take for granted your last week. If it was uneventful you have a lot to be thankful for... then again if anything happened you have a lot to be thankful for!)

~B.
[ Prayer request? Contact me and let me pray for you! (All requests are private) ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***