Sunday, December 9

Climbing up hills

Life is hard. I don't think there has been a time in the past couple years where I haven't felt like I was living life and also climbing up a hill at the same time. Today we planned to do some very simple things, and they ended up being very steep hills for me.

Some of what I am going through, to be sure, anyone goes through as they age. Things that used to be so simple are now large tasks. Only problem is, I'm 30 and while I am sure there is to be some of this that is expected, it is/ has been happening to me a lot faster than it might normally.

It's been hard because it seems so easy to want to do something like wander around and look at Christmas lights, but I do so for a handful of minutes, in a large crowd, and I feel like my entire energy store for the day gets depleted. It's like Christine's spoon theory. (Which I am sure I have mentioned before) I only have so many in the course of the day, and frankly, recently I have been waking up with fewer spoons than I even realized.

I was thinking about it this morning and I realized that I really want to be healed (despite knowing that heaven is on the other side) because I feel like there is so much more work to be done. He's given me a passion for things that need doing in certain areas, and I would really like to have the strength and energy to do them. BUT (like the boys in the fiery furnace) if God chooses not to rescue me from this I would hope that I could inspire more of YOU (that I both know and don't know) to do those things, or fund those things, that I have a passion for.

Sometimes God tells us no. I understand that. And really the other side of "no" is heaven for me. I have a thousand thousand things that I would like to do and get done here, but God, ultimately, knows what is best for me, all of you, and how my sickness plays into that. This is not a call to stop praying for healing by any means, but I want to let you know that if God chooses to go a route non of us wanted or anticipated, that that is, more than ever, His plan, which is good and right and better for all of us.

Prayer requests:
  • We're entering a pretty busy "season" of the year. I already know I don't have the strength for it, please join me in asking God to provide the strength to be a walking advertisement for Him.
  • We need wisdom on how to plan for everything that we'd like to do in the next two months.
  • Please pray for my doctor and his spiritual state. I don't know where he stands spiritually, but I can only imagine that this job is insanely difficult. 
  • There are two writing projects I really want to get done in the next three months that I feel very strongly about finishing, I need to start dedicating time to those and my prayer would be that God would bless those and make those things that people could really enjoy and learn from when I am done with them.
  • Daily strength. For both Lisa (putting up with me) and myself (putting up with me).
Thank you again, as always, for the love and support. 

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***