Saturday, January 19

Feel'n great

Yesterday after I spent a lot of extra time at MDA trying to get a cost issue resolved* I came home and realized I had a fair amount of energy. I ran an errand with Lisa and came home and did a bit of work. Took a nap, helped make dinner, entertained some friends for a bit (they left when I started nodding off) and then went to bed.

I woke up this morning feeling really good. I mean like, pre-cancer, type good. I can't remember a time recently where I woke up and either 1. felt like rolling over and going to sleep again (even at 10am), or 2. felt really sick and had to go consume a bunch of meds to keep myself from getting sick. Sometimes in the mornings this past week it has taken more than two hours to feel like I could function.

But I woke up this morning feeling good. It's been a long time. And it's not just feeling good physically but emotionally and spiritually nothing dark on my mind, feeling at peace, and thankful for every breath I take.

In many ways I wish every day could be like this, but frankly if every day was like this then I don't think I would really understand how amazing or special it is. Thank you for all your prayers, to get me to this morning, to today.

*(They charged me almost 2000 dollars more than my "max out of pocket" my insurance company allows. MDA pointed to the insurance company and the insurance company claimed their computer system was infallible, so (despite me putting an hour into the problem on Wednesday) the Insurance Rep at MDA spent an hour calling all sorts of numbers trying to find an answer to the problem. Hopefully on Tuesday or Wednesday the problem will have been fixed in the computer and I will be refunded the two thousand dollars they over-charged me.)

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***