Sunday, March 24

Some hope restored

What a day!  The first diagnosis Ben got in the ER sounded incredibly bleak and caused us think his life on earth might be ending very soon. 

But the later a palliative care doctor told him that most of his breathing problems were likely caused by the double pneumonia at this point, not the tumors, and that the pneumonia was very treatable through antibiotics.  I think maybe his pneumonia three weeks ago just never went away and became further advanced.  Additionally, the tumor growth could possibly be blocked by adding in a longer stent.  There's definite plans to treat him and not just "make him comfortable". 

We still don't know how events will turn, but were encouraged and overwhelmed in love with all the prayers and help we received today.  From the chaplain who encouraged us, to so many texts, emails, Facebook notes, and phone calls, to the friends who visited us and brought us food today and will continue to visit, to all of you who lifted Ben and me up to God.  God continues to write Ben's story and you're all a part of it.

When I left Ben, he was feeling a lot better: able to breath enough oxygen, relaxed, and encouraged.

I (Lisa) could use some more help packing mid-week as I try to be ready to leave... whenever.  Let me know if any of you Houston folks have an hour or two to box up things.  For now,

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

and

"... 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.'"  2 Cor. 12:9

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I wish we were there, to help you with the move... We keep on praying for God's wisdom for the doctors, for rest and comfort for the two of you. Love, Natasha

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***