Monday, May 13

This morning before I started class I was sitting in the BCC parking lot, and I was munching on a loaf of bread that I had found in the car (being as I hadn't had breakfast) and I was thinking to myself how nice it is to be able to enjoy simple pleasures in life, like a loaf of bread in the car. And then I got to thinking: There really isn't anything that is all that "simple" these days. Here I was sitting in my 1998 Honda Civic DX, which is a very complex peice of machinery, and I have a computer in my pocket that is more powerful than what my dad used to run his business for 6 years, and the process to make the bread was probably done with a machine.

So I came to the conclusion that nothing is "simple". There is always some hint of depth behind everything. Even a "simple" sunset has all sorts of atmospheric stuff going on in it.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***