Wednesday, June 8

The end...

Came and went without a bump. The apartment is now upwards of 60% moved out. (Cleaning will take up a good 20%) I've got the kicthen to wash up a big, some more boxes to pack, my laundry to shove in a bag, and then I'll be ready to go. It's weird to think I've weathered a year here. IN the grand scheme of things it really doesn't seem that long at all.

I got myself a new job as well. I'll be working at/ with Seattle Biomedical Research Institute (SBRI). I'll be tech support type stuff and helping them intigrate windows XP onto all their computers. In the fall I'll head back to SPU and help head up the Help at Home Program that I helped with a bit this year.

The finals are now done, so I just have some moving left to do, then this weekend I'll be "Best Manning" (I've been trying to figure out how best to say that in Latin, "Magnisse Vir"? Or "Primus Vir"? Anyway, it's been a really interesting year and in retrospect I can hardly believe it's gone by already. Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was walking in the mornings to Dr. Wall's Bible class. Now here I am packing up this place and looking forward to getting married in July and what these next couple years will hold for me as I complete school and as Lisa and I start our own family.

Thanks to everyone who helped support me this past year, I couldn't have done it without you, and to all the friends I've made that I have to say goodbye to, thank you for being around.

Here's to change...

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! Glad you'll be doing something more interesting and that pays better this summer. Be seeing you this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:06 PM

    cheers! here's to you!

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***