Sunday, November 6

Spame

It comes in a can, it tastes horrible, it expands your inbox... that's right Ladies and Gentlemen, I am talking about SPAM. The average person supposedly gets 50% spam and 50% "real mail". I am here to say that that statistic is bunk. I am getting 550 spam messages a day now. And I probably don't need to tell you that I don't get that much "real mail". Lets assume on a good day I get 20 emails as something I would deem as worthy mail. That means that 3.6% of my email is legit.

I estimate, at current numbers, that I will have 16500+- emails in my spam filter by the end of the month. At the time of this writing I had some 1804 spam messages. If my numbers hold up that's something like 1 spam message every 2.4 minutes. (Which leads to 16500 messages a month and 198000 messages a year.) That is of course if the numbers stay steady.

Do we have a problem with email? I think so.

~B.

P.s. Lisa is sick again this weekend. She's been having a hard time keeping food down and has had a headache all weekend. (Now back to Latin)

3 comments:

  1. And yet, it is an average. Myself, for example, get virtually no SPAM (not spame) messages at either of my google e-mail accounts. My juno account, which I've had since freshman year of HS, does get quite a bit, as does my hotmail account, but I've also put those addresses out into cyberspace to enter contests and register etc. All this to say, it's an average, and Ben, you're definatly on the end that brings it up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 PM

    SpamMe, the M's allide... get it? My Spam count is up to 2530 as of now... how high will it fly?

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:53 PM

    As of now my count is up to 4700 spams... how high will it go before December 3rd?

    ~B.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***