Monday, June 25

CT Scan 2 - Done

Well, I have survived my 2nd, well 3rd actually if you count the head scan they did on my at Overlake, CT scan. One thing they had to do that I was not expecting was they had to put in an IV line because it's too dangerous to put the xray dye stuff through the line I had installed. (It could blow out the line and then the xray dye would be right by my heart and that would cause me to die.) This had to be the most painful IV I've ever had installed. The first one didn't work so they had to try again. Thankfully they got it on the 2nd try and didn't have to try a 3rd time.

The scan went fine however and now I am at home waiting until tomorrow morning. I'm pretty calm at the moment, but getting stuck with needles has that effect on me. (After the needle-sticking is all done, not before or during mind you) We'll see how everything plays out tomorrow. Thank you so much for your prayers, I know I'll need them tomorrow as I face Dr. Gingsberg.

Thank you as well for all those who have written me emails with thoughts and bible passages. They are always great to get. Thanks again for your prayers.

~B.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:02 PM

    Find Me A Place

    Find me a place on the earth
    Where a weary man can rest
    and listen for your voice
    in the turning seasons

    A quiet place in the world
    Where I can bow
    And confess that I fear
    Where you have brought me,
    Mysterious God

    All of my life
    You have been with me
    My comfort in loneliness
    My hope in the dark
    All of my life
    Lord, please stay with me
    By my sustaining breath
    Guardian of my heart

    My days are passing by
    ALike falling stars
    That blaze across the night sky
    Then they are gone

    But Father, at your side
    I will never be afraid
    For you have held all my days
    In the plam of your hand

    All of my life
    You have been with me
    My comfort in loneliness
    My hope in the dark
    All of my life
    Lord, please stay with me
    Be my sustaining breath
    Guardian of my heart

    Be my sustaining breath
    Guardian of my heart

    Be my sustaining breath
    Be my sustaining breath
    Be my sustaining breath

    This is one of my favorite songs.
    I love the line "And confess that I fear Where you have brought me,
    Mysterious God." I think of you everytime I hear that. Know that Mom and I are praying for you non stop.

    We love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that there are people in Spokane praying for you. Keep fighting the good fight. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:56 AM

    Ben & Lisa,

    I wanted to let you know you will both be in my prayers and that I am praying for both healing and God's holy will to be done above all! God is Good! Hope to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***