Friday, October 5

Depression and Lies

The other day when I got home from the hospital I was depressed. The depression continued to the next day as well. I wasn't thinking about it too hard but I couldn't really put my finger on why I was depressed.

Well, God provides, I got 3 emails which all had clues to my depression in them from separate people and then Lisa came home and told me that being depressed is essentially believing a lie, or lies, about something. So armed with that information I was able to figure out what lies I was believing that were making me depressed.

The first lie was that the past 10 days I had spent in the hospital were wasted and useless. My mom pointed out that I really don't know what God is doing in my life or the lives of others around me. We might never know why I was in the Hospital for 10 days (double the normal time) but God has a purpose and a plan.

The second lie I believed was that I was being an undue burden on Lisa with my sickness. It was pointed out to me by an ex-coworker that marriage isn't always 50/50 and that sometimes the other person (Lisa) is going to have to take care of me. Other times I will have to take care of Lisa. We made vows to this effect when we got married. In sickness or in health we promise to stay by each others side. I am sick right now, and Lisa hasn't left my side. I thank God for her staying-ness and her wisdom.

The depression lifted with the understanding of the lies I was believing and I have been depression free since then. I was going to type all this up the other day but I decided to hold off for a day or so to add some perspective.

Prayer request wise I went to work at NSB yesterday and will be going into TTC for a bit today as well. I tired myself out yesterday with only a couple hours at NSB, but I think that really helped me to sleep fairly well last night. I would like to ask for continued prayer for healing. I had forgotten how horrible that last round of chemo is on my body. My taste buds are still a little funky and I really haven't had any desire to eat meat for the past couple of days. (It tastes horrible)

Thank you all for your continued support. Lisa and I have been so blessed by everything you have to say to us and the prayers you have offered up for us. Thank you.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***