Friday, April 18

The other side

Thank you all for your outpouring of love and support as I dealt with the earlier parts of this week and the outcome to my scan from Monday. I have to admit it's been kind of strange these past few days knowing for the moment that I am cancer free. It's been just about a year now since I was told the opposite news (and all but handed a brochure on coffins) and I've been laboring away this past year to remedy the situation. Now here I am with the news that I (we) had been praying for.

Of course I still am just as weak as I was before the news, hearing the information didn't suddenly give me the strength I had lost, so it's kind of sinking in slowly. I am very thankful for everyone's excitement around me though. I can't think of better news honestly.

This last year I prayed very strongly for healing, and I continue to pray for it, so being as God has answered some of my prayer I think it only appropriate to spend this year fervently thanking Him as well. (Of course we should ALWAYS thank God for everything, but while 25 was the year of Cancer, and praying for healing, 26 is going to be themed the year of Thanks.)

Thank you all, please continue to pray for my continued healing, but please also remember to thank Him for what he has done.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***