Monday, May 5

T-shirt Super Saints

I am always thinking to myself (and sometimes out load as well) "oh! That would make a great t-shirt!" or "hey, that would be a great name for a band!"

Thus today we have today's subject. It combines my t-shirt fascination and a band name I always thought would be cool: The Stained Glass Super Saints. Kind of a rocky-punk ska-ish sound. I'm sure you can hear it in your head. Now all I need is a drummer, a bass player, a slightly whinny lead singer, and two guitar players. Maybe a keyboardist for the times when they need to play a rock ballad or something equally moving. (Their first break out hit will start with some pipe organ sounds which quickly brings in an electric bass and then it picks up with some trashy guitar. It'll be good.) Any takers?

The idea of T-shirts came to mind today as one of my co-workers stopped and stared at me and said, "Wow... I didn't know you owned any t-shirts!" Yeah... I own lots of t-shirts. I think it's kind of funny actually when I stop and think about it. I tend to "dress up" a bit more for one job over the other. One job finds me in my role as "IT Manager" and I sometimes feel like I need to prove myself every time I am there. The other job is "IT lackey" and I do my job and keep everything running and try to make life easier for everyone as I do that job. I don't typically "dress for success" there because I don't feel like I need to prove anything.

Interesting the introspection a t-shirt can provide. (And the confusion you can create when you mix up your normal "clothing" patterns.)

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:03 AM

    O Great! Now I have that song stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***