Wednesday, July 23

Uhhh... Disneyland = Hope?

I'm not a huge fan of large, or vast, multinational corporations that have a larger "GDP" than 50-75% of the world, so the past year as I have had dreams every couple of months about going to Disneyland. I was thinking this past March when we went to California and had plans to go to "The Magic Kingdom" that the dreams I had been having about it would finally go away. As readers will note, that never happened. I had another "Disney Dream" last night and they all run towards being slightly odd, but this morning I was thinking about it and I think that Disneyland seems to represent to me (for whatever reason) a hope that I will get better. A hope that not only will I recover completely from cancer but be able to bring my children there someday.

Just some thoughts...

~B.

1 comment:

  1. "Ben Morrell, what are you doing after you survive cancer?"

    "I'm going to Disneyland!"

    It's all those years of commercials being played out in your subconscious. Marketing moguls somewhere are saying, "YES!"

    Or, maybe it's because it's the "Happiest Place on Earth." At least that's what I've heard for most of my life.

    Or, maybe it's because Disneyland is just fun and you need some fun...

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***