Saturday, January 10

27

I woke up 27 this morning. It was an entirely new experience. My elbow hurt from something I had done to it yesterday and my knee was complaining a little more loudly than the day before. I didn't have a "headache" per se, but it felt like I had a little hang-over. (Even though I never drink, and honestly I don't know what a hangover feels like, but I can imagine they can't be any worse than a migraine, so take that hang-over sufferers of the world...) But overall, I woke up a number older today.

It seems appropriate for my 1635th post that it be about turning 27. (I struggled to find a reason why 1635 would be matched with 27 somehow, but, and maybe this is because I am now 27, I realized that after 7 minutes of trying to find a quick comparison on the internet and even doing some math, that it wasn't THAT big of a deal and that I'd write this little paragraph instead by way of apology for the couple of lines I made up there that really don't seem to go anywhere now. (I'm building a paragraph bridge to nowhere...))

So yes, here I am 27. I guess my hope for a lot of my birthdays is that the year following them doesn't end up as... I don't want to say "difficult" because that's not what I really mean, difficultly grows a person, and ease of life doesn't grow your character. (coughRobertcough) I guess what I really want is for life to come at me, and that I am adequately prepared to handle it, to grow from it, and to be alive on the other side to encourage other people to keep up. (However, even that statement isn't quite right sometimes, because honestly living itself can be a real pain sometimes. (4 migraines in 1 week comes to mind))

Here is what I would like from my 27th year: I would like to be able to make wise choices when it comes to how I live and know that God has me here, and alive, right now for a reason, an to know that if 27 happens to be the time that God would choose to call me home that it is by His grace and mercy that that would happen and that I would, until that point, live strongly, with purpose, keeping my eyes on my final goal (heaven) but not loose sight of the people around me and how I can help them as well.

I don't know what 27 will hold, and I pray it doesn't hold much time at all in a hospital, but that isn't too much of my choice. I appreciate your continued love, support, prayers, emails, and encouragements and I hope that you will continue to join me on my journey through life, via this blog, as Lisa and I adventure fourth into what life looks like in Colorado Springs, at OC International.

~B.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Your goals for 27th year of life sound very good to me. Having direction gives you a sort of, determination, an iron will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I first heard that "Hardship builds character" From Calvin's Dad in that comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes."

    Seriously Ben I was trying to think of something funny to say on your birthday but I am honestly just so glad that you can see your 27th birthday. You have been a great friend in the emotional and intellectual times. I'm looking forward to joining you in the 27 category here in a few months, could you scout out the territory for me?

    I always seem to be catching up to you in years but never fully do so.

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***