Tuesday, October 20

Slower to update

Updating has been more difficult the past few days than I imagined it would be. Chemo is a wall, and yesterday I hit that wall. I was in the infusion center for probably 5 hours and I got fluids and chemos and other drugs, and then about 30 minutes after leaving the center I got horrible queezy and and also got a mean headache. This lasted all night long and then proceeded to the evening where about 1 I was awaken by my body telling me I HAD to get up and go to the bathroom. I didn't... but every 30 minutes my body got some kind of bizarre fascination with making me do this.

When I got to the infusion center this morning I had a nasty headache and was feeling pretty sick. They hooked me up (some of the nurses had never seen a groshong before, so I got to be show and tell) and started pumping fluids and anti nausea meds, and pain killer and chemo into me. Felt a little better, but I'm back to feeling queezy now.

I really need some prayer to help moderate this stuff. I don't want to spend my day here, and then groaning in bed at home for the next 2 weeks.

~B.

3 comments:

  1. Aubrey12:56 PM

    Oh man. I hear your pain. I just had a rough round - although not nearly as rough as it sounds you had.

    Probably the best conversation I ever had with my doctor was one day when I was really having a hard time with treatment, feeling sullen, etc, about it. He sat me down and said, "Aubrey, I know how hard this is, and I'm not going to force you to do it. But I ask you to remember what you're fighting for. Your life with Chris, and the people and things you love."

    It was a healing talk. And so I pass it on, to encourage your own bravery and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly Father, be with Ben right now. Help him through this. Please allow him relief through the chemo process. Bless the chemo to his body. Guide it to the cancer and to the shrinking of the tumor. Bless Ben with all he needs to get through this. Guide his doctors, nurses and caregivers as they treat him. I ask that Ben feel your presence and your love and strength. I ask this in Jesus' precious name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly Father,
    Please bless Ben with all he needs as he goes through this process. Guide the chemo to the tumor and allow it to do as planned. Bless his body with freedom from pain and nausea. Please guide his doctors, nurses and caregivers as they care and treat him. I ask that you allow Ben and Lisa to feel you presence throughout the treatment process. Please be their strength.
    I ask these things in Jesus' precious name, Amen

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***