Wednesday, June 15

Finally

Funny, I'm not sure I have ever been so eager for someone to punch a hole in me and extract material so that I can get on with poisoning my body. But yes, this past week I have been email people about the biopsy that was supposed to happen on Monday. I am seeing the department who is doing the procedure tomorrow morning, and the biopsy is scheduled for... next Thursday. No start date as of yet on the chemo, but with a recovery day (Friday) I am guessing I won't be starting chemo for at least another week and a half. It's strange.

This morning Lisa and I went for a walk in the arboretum here in Houston. I don't know if it is the weather being as dry as it has been, or maybe Houston's flora isn't what the Pacific NW's is, but this arboretum didn't hold a candle to Seattle's. I could be biased because it was also almost 90 degrees and humid at 10am, but I'm just going to go with the plants on this one.

Following that we had lunch at a "mexican" place. I've had a Tex-mex craving for something like a week now and that hit the spot nicely. It wasn't astounding, but all I was looking for was rice, beans, cheese, something fried and flavored meat. Granted we could have nailed this at home fairly easy, but we had done up the menu a week out and going to the grocery store wasn't on the docket again.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this extra waiting for chemo. Granted I like the time off, but all sorts of stuff could be going on inside of me that I don't want to be going on inside of me... however that might be happening with or without chemo.

Prayers for continued health as I wait for the biopsy and chemo. Guess it couldn't hurt to be extra healthy for the next round. Maybe I can use this time off to do something productive... unlike I have been the past few days. (Thank you Nathan Skone for my lack of free time lately)


~B.
[ Prayer request? Contact me and let me pray for you! (All requests are private) ]

1 comment:

  1. seems to me you're supposed to EAT everything you can hold between now and the start of the next chemo. Calorie intensive...protein I suppose. EAT EAT EAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***