Friday, March 23

Shell shocked

First of all I want to say that you to people who have posted in support of my last post about my tumors (Shrinky Dink) shrinking. Yesterday as the doctors were pilling out of the office (we were their last appointment of the day) one of them turned around and said, "Keep doing what you're doing. It seems to be working. You guys are so humble and positive. Keep it up."

Keep doing what you're doing. I am pretty sure I can attest it's not what I am doing, but what God is doing in me, and what you all are doing for me. (Praying) When I landed this diagnoses I was pretty sure God didn't want me to slide quietly into the dark, but to fight, and to let other people know what was going on so they would know how to pray and to hope as well.

Yesterday I finally got some news that I had been longing to hear for a long time. Not only are the tumors stable (as they have been going on nine months now) but they have finally started to shrink as well. When we first started seeing this oncologist about approaching three years ago he told me it's possible (as the tumors weren't in my bones) that I might be able to live two more years, maybe even kick this thing.

It's been such a long fight to get to this point I guess either it didn't sink in, or I still have the rest of the fight ahead of me and I know I can't slack now. I think I need to take a step back and let it sink in and then spend some time rejoicing in where I am now. Thank you all for your support and excitment for me, even when I'm not fully there yet.

By way of celebration a little bit, yesterday I wandered around the Houston Zoo (by myself) for three and a half hours. Thinking, enjoying the antics of the animals, and people watching. It was a good time and I think it was some much needed step back time.

I'll keep you all updated as I know more. (They are going to check again in two weeks) In the meantime, I am going to work on rejoicing a bit more.


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***