Saturday, April 14

Dawn again

I was awoken this morning by a combination of left-over migraine and chemo. It was just one of those mornings where it was "close enough" to what I needed to get for sleep and so getting up would be better than lying in bed focusing on my headache. So I got up. It was pre-dawn and this morning I have had the pleasure of watching the sun come up on a slightly overcast blustery day.

I know there are people out there who are up this early because they are forced to be, and sometimes people I know prefer the night, but really, there are some times where I think you just need to experience a good early morning. I'm not saying it has to happen often, but sometimes just waking up before dawn, getting a bite to eat and enjoying being slower than the world around you and watching it all come awake just makes you feel more than human.

I know I need that... well at least that I am imbued with more than just the strength and ability that this flesh gives me. As I dragged myself to bed last night, head pounding from migraine, just off chemo, and feeling horrible I thought about where my strength comes from. Frankly it's surprising to me that I have any left at all, which I think only speaks to the blessing that God has given me.

There is a tiredness that resides within me that could consume me whole, and sometimes I wish it would just consume me. But frankly I feel like God has more for me right now and there is much to do still. I just need to figure out what that looks like.

In the "figuring it out" phase here I have some good news. It looks like my medical costs, AND my monthly paycheck, is able to be covered by everyone's generous donations. I am now more of a help than a hindrance to the nonprofit company I work for, thankfully in part towards what you have helped to donate. Thank you everyone.

Lisa and I continue to try and figure out what God wants us to be doing with our time between treatments. As they get a little easier each time, and take up less time to get back to "wanting to do something" it seems like we/ I should be doing something more specific with my time between treatments, but I don't know what that looks like. (Locations, people, churches, work, etc etc) There are a lot of options. We could continue to use some prayer in that area.

Thank you everyone.

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***