Tuesday, February 19

Vacation?

Thursday night (February 14th) some high school friends of mine flew down to hang out with me and spend the weekend in a rented house in Galveston. We spent a lot of time playing board games, watching movies, talking, eating, and playing with some nerf guns I had recently acquired.

We had a great time and for folks who are on Facebook there are plenty of tagged pictures from them and me about some of the stuff that happened, so you can check that out.

Overall, while I had a great weekend, it was very hard. We came back Monday and the guys departed in the afternoon, and I promptly went to bed after dinner, around five something. This morning I woke up feeling pretty bad and then spent some time throwing up around nine and didn't drag myself out of bed until a little after 11:30.

While I have been able to eat more than I normally have the past few weeks I think it's mainly because I go ahead and eat things despite the pain or internal repercussions later. I did that mainly this weekend, threw myself into it and it took a lot out of me.

I had a great time, and I will gladly take a day or two to recover from it, but it was hard... nothing like being shown so clearly where your weaknesses lie. I wish I could offer more, but I can't.

I just wanted to keep you all up-to-date on how things are going. I am seeing supportive care again this Friday and am, supposedly, picking up another bottle of highly expensive pills again today. We'll see if I have to pay for them or if the insurance companies have gotten their collective acts together. (I hope they have because this really needs to be over with...

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I really need prayers for my insides to keep food down, and also for strength, because as I witnessed this weekend I have a lot less of it than I thought I did.

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***