Wednesday, November 20

Hello everyone and a big Happy Birthday to my little bro who has turned 19 today. *sniffle* They grow up so fast.

So... my umm, final today... *pause* My final was scheduled for 7am right? Guess what time I woke up? Uh-huh... that's right, 7am. I set my alarm clock and everything, I just forgot to turn it on. (Yeah, it's the LITTLE thing that'll get ya.) So I sat bolt upright at 7am and without even looking I can tell it's late, real late. (Being as I was supposed to be up at 5am) I have to admit, I have never in my life gotten ready for school that quickly. I threw a hat on my head, put some shoes on (made SURE I had everything I needed for my final (papers and what-not)) and flew out the door.

7:45 found me at school. (Strangely calm despite the fact that I was 45 minutes late for my final.) Upstairs to the classroom I dash and find my teacher and ask if I'm too late. Her response: "Oh, you're not that late... if you think you can get it done go for it." I dive right in: I configure the five routers (A, B, C, D and my personal "underdog" favorite E), I encounter a small problem, the teacher helps me figure it out, and on I go. Then I have to try to ping accross the network (from the computers on Router A to the computer on Router E). I can ping the computers on Router A (A1, A2, A3 and the forgotten A4), but nothing outside A. Likewise on B and C. Oh no, this is not good. After 2.5 hours of this I take it back to my teacher. Her words: "That's some pretty advanced stuff you're trying to do there, you only need one class B address and that subnetted." My problem (which I was the MOST worried about yesterday) was that I did some funny subnetting and I only needed ONE IP address and not so many networks. *sigh*

What does this all mean? It means Ben messed up and Ben will be doing the whole final over again tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how THAT goes...

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***