Friday, April 9

I feel jipped!

"Something Wicked This Way Comes"
I think we all know that Shakespear penned that phrase. Lady MacBeth spoke them in the play MacBeth. "By the pricking of my thumbs something wicked this way comes..." Ray Bradbury did a wonderful job with his slightly twisted tale about two boys, one summer, a circus and a whole lot of growing up with a book of the same title. "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Great book. Make it a suggested read.

However, when Harry Potter uses it as the tag-line for the newest movie it makes me feel a little like they are ripping off great literary works to promote their, not so great, movie.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***