Friday, October 12

On the mend... for now

Once again I am going to dwell on the craziness that is chemo. I am feeling good, I'm recovering, my blood work is all looking positive, and what are they going to do? Blow it all away again given the chance. Crazy.

Anyway, both Lisa and I are feeling pretty good. We worked yesterday (me holding to my no more than 5 hours rule) and then we went and saw the current Taproot play, The Importance of Being Earnest. We went with some friends and we all enjoyed it a lot. There are a lot of quotable lines from that play and if one's memory were good enough there would be enough witty comments there to make one sound very educated in the ways of literature. However I don't remember them, so I am not going to produce any of them here.

Lisa and I are making plans for our weekend drive tonight. I'll hopefully be sending a picture or two via my phone, but we should have some more pics after the trip. We'll see, we're both not very good at being picture taking people. (We leave that up to Lisa's younger sister)

Thanks again for all the support. I'll be getting my scan mid-day Monday and the results on Wednesday. I thank you all for your prayers, they mean a lot to Lisa and I.

~B.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the wonders of Google. I've never seen the play, but here's some quote to remind you:

    http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~govind/ernlines.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The only way to behave to a woman is to make love to her, if she is pretty, and to someone else if she is plain."

    My favorite character is Lane the butler, but I'm probably biased because I played him in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is a great show! We're hoping to go see it before the end of the run. Better get on that! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To lose one parent may be seen as misfortune; but losing both looks like carelessness."

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***