Tuesday, April 8

Kitchen escapades

Yesterday I picked Lisa up from work and when we got home she promptly flopped down on the couch. I took this as a sign that maybe now was not the time to ask what was going to be for dinner.

She spent some after work time on the couch while I surfed the internet trying to figure out what I could possibly throw together from the "standard misc." that was available to me in our house.

Ultimately, I went rouge. Armed with an idea and nothing more I grated, shredded, mixed, and I layered my way into a kind of strange piece that I hoped would come out after 20ish minutes in the oven. After a few minutes out of the oven I grabbed a spoon and ladled some of my work onto a plate and tried it. I rolled it around my mouth and was VERY thankful it actually turned out. (After 45 minutes of waiting for dinner the following sentence was not one I was ready to utter; "So, what kind of Pizza do you want to order?")

While it was lacking some of the spicinesses I was trying to imbue in it, it did come out rather tasty. I will not share the recipe here with you however as I really have no idea how much of anything I put in it, and it wasn't exactly the type of dish that would be kind to someone who was looking to trim a few pounds here or there. (Should I make it again I will pay more attention to what I am doing and try to compile that down into something you can make at home on your own.)

Lisa enjoyed it, the bird sampled some and found that he liked it as well, so I think we have a winner and I am a touch more confident that I can put together something "on the fly" out of left-overs and things we have sitting around. It is nice to have the energy and strength to do cooking like this again. I missed that a lot when I was in treatment.

Speaking of which I am getting stronger every day, again. I've decided to try working half days so that I don't wear myself out completely at this point. It allows me to get some work done, build up a little strength and spend some time recovering. Dr.'s appointments next week. I am not looking forward to them at all, but honestly, it's part of what God has for me. If it's back to treatments for me, then so be it, if not, praise the Lord and I'll keep getting stronger and praying that it is all gone. I look forward in some ways to seeing how my life is going to go after next Wednesday. Thanks all for the continual support!

~B.

2 comments:

  1. This line caught my eye and made me want to suggest a website I'd stumbled upon

    - figure out what I could possibly throw together from the "standard misc." -

    Not sure if you've ever heard of supercook.com But it's a pretty nifty site that has you enter ingredients you have around the house, and then suggests meals to make based on those ingredients. It'll also suggest items to pickup next time your out to expand your recipe options.

    Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

    Always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    You went redish pink?

    I think you meant rogue ;)

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***