Monday, June 2

Biggest Part-a yet

Thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday afternoon at the "Cancer Free" party. We had about 70 people show up. Lots of mingling going on and lots of goodies consumed. (Lisa and I made mini-cupcakes of chocolate and mint frosting. My mom made lemon-raspberry mini-cupcakes.) It was good seeing people I hadn't seen in a while and I felt a lot of support from you all. (Even those who couldn't make it)

The party yesterday must have worn me out a bit though. I woke up this morning feeling horrible. I spent the day at home on the couch trying not to feel so sick.

Sean has an interesting post/ view on life that I thought I would share with you.
"In fact, based on an examination of the couch itself, I would say there was nothing about it that anyone should have found startling.
Just a nice, perfectly normal couch.
Sitting proudly in the third lane of the 405 freeway."
-Sean
An interesting thought to me: That there may in fact not be anything wrong with me, I just might not be in the place I was meant to be in. I enjoy the thought Sean. We're really only good to those around us if we are being used as God has designed us to be used. (IE: Couch isn't any good to anyone in the middle of the freeway, it belongs in a lobby or a living room somewhere.)

Many thanks for all the help and support!

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Or...maybe you are just exactly where you are supposed to be. Growth comes through pain. We spend our lives trying desperately to avoid pain, buy yet...it is the avenue through which we come to know our Father.

    Hope you are feeling better!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***