Wednesday, November 26

A week of Thanks [Day 3]

I continue my week of thanks by thanking God for my Parents. (And, by proxy my parents-in-law)

If I was to create a drawing of a pyramid of support from this last couple of years, God would be the base, followed by Lisa, and then the parents. They filled gaps that Lisa couldn't and were my constant companion in prayers for my health.

My dad's support of his family through working tirelessly on his own business allowed me many opportunities (private school) that helped shaped me into who I am today. God used my parents to help me become who I am, and without them I would be a completely different person.

I thank my mom for the emotional support she gave over the years of the many things she has supported me in. From making sure I did my homework, to supporting drama stuff, to "just chatting" as I got older.

I would also like to thank Lisa's parents for bringing up (though hard at times I hear... =) ) a wonderful young lady who was equipped to love and support her husband. They also stood by as I was sick and helped in many ways as well.

I am thankful today for the parents in my life. Continuing to shape and guide us even after we have left home. Thank you God for bringing such wonderful people into my life!

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***