Wednesday, August 10

Back to the grind

Well, we are back. I have to admit that two hour plane flights don't feel like much and/or anything when you're used to waiting in hospital rooms for three to six hours.

At the moment I am chilling in the hospital after a blood test waiting to see the doctor while Lisa goes to rescue the bird from the vet and goes to the grocery store.

I can't begin to tell you how great our "vacation" was. Colorado was such a great week, and while it was kind of a vacation, it was really just work. I realized that in the two years since I started treatment for this bout of cancer that this was probably the longest I have spent in the office. And let me tell you, if was WONDERFUL! I miss the job so much, I miss the people, and I miss all the potential that the job provides for me, for the company, and for the people I interact with.

It was really a blessing the Lord gave to Lisa and I. A great time to connect with people, with our employers/employees, and some great weather. It was really hard to come back to Houston... Especially facing another week of chemo and/or shots to get ready for chemo. But we came basck, and I think we'll be staying here for a while. However, we also want to try and work with my treatments to travel to Seattle and Colorado Springs more often.

Thanks team. I'll detail more on starting chemo or not later.

~B.
[ Prayer request? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***