Wednesday, November 30

Have a good break!

And with those words the doctor, who was himself celebrating a birthday today, disappeared into the hallway, lab coat trailing behind.

With that we are done with chemo for the rest of the year and will be heading north to enjoy a long month of family and friends. Then it'll be back to the grind with the new year, but there are some mice in my oncologist's lab who are going to get a taste of DSRCT this coming week. And while I wouldn't wish this on any human, I am perfectly fine sacrificing a few white lab mice so that the science of my cancer might carry-on. (And maybe even find something they didn't know before which would lead to helping other people who have this disease. (Hopefully me as well, but the future is just as bright.))

For our month-long trip north, we'll be taking the train up one way, and then flying back home. You will be getting all sorts of gory details as we travel and as I blog. This will be the first time in three years that we have been home for Christmas, and I am excited to see everyone, just like pre-cancerous old times... and then leave the cold behind us and come back to Houston.

Lots to do between now and then though... one of which is a concoction I am working on at the moment. The cheese bread recipe I have made in the past, but this time with grilled onions and mozzarella cheese. I rolled the loaf the "wrong way" in an attempt to make it shorter, and when the time comes I shall cleave it in twain, instead of quartered, and shall put the cheesy part of the bread facing heaven so that the milkyness might melt and become one (verily) with the bread. So it is written! So, hopefully it shall not burn!


~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***