Tuesday, June 5

Brings us to now...

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but on Sunday I'm going to be telling our church group my story. I've got the whole teaching time to do. A few weeks back they were looking for people to get involved in teaching, trying to get some fresh blood involved so the normal rotation of people could take a break as well as raise up some new people. I thought about it and I figured why not. I've never done anything like that before, and they were looking for volunteers, so I volunteered. I originally volunteered thinking I would be teaching something from Hebrews, but the class leadership came back to me and asked me if I wouldn't mind telling my story instead.

I figured that would probably be a good place to start so I've been mulling over what I am going to say. I sat down yesterday and wrote out four pages of outlines about some of the stuff that Lisa and I have been through the past five years. (Thinking now that it's probably a good thing to have at least forty five minutes...) And that is just an overarching view. I can't imagine what a detailed telling would involve. (Nor that I would even remember so much of it... which is also why I have kept this blog.)

I wanted to ask for prayer as I tell my story on Sunday that it would be meaningful and impacting and that it would come through despite myself. The class records the teaching so I should have an audio version available to post here on the site sometime next week so all of you can hear me tell the story vs just read about it. (It's like taking the website into another whole dimension!)

I am also seeing the doctor tomorrow. And I'll either get another two months off (which I would really appreciate) or I'll be starting a new therapy. Either way I'll have some fresh updates for my story on Sunday. Your prayers and support are always appreciated. Thank you all so very, very much.

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***