Saturday, November 2

Star Wars Imax review: First off to get an idea how big the screen is (six stories tall, 80 feet wide) let me give you something you can do at home: get yourself where you have a TV, go and buy an 8 or 9 point THX sound system. (I'll wait while you go do that...) Then set it up in a 2 foot cirlce around the TV. Then sit yourself in front of the TV so that your nose is 2 inches from the screen. Then hit play on the movie and proceed to watch the film. No I'm not kidding. Anyone who has seen Imax before knows this, but I was in the 2nd to last row in the theater. I was HALF way up the screen and easily more than 50 feet from the screen, and it filled up my vision as I sat there! I was impressed by the size. HOWEVER, they had to cut 20 minutes out of the movie so a lot of noticeable stuff got cut. It was kind'a maddening at times.

Also at that size, it's a LOT easier to see the mistakes in computer animation and editing. (Like the blue ghosting effect around Anakin's hair a couple times he happened to be in a computer generated scene.)

I suggest if you CAN see it, go and see it. The size alone is pretty amazing.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***