Sunday, October 7

Lets make a deal! ... Or not

Yesterday Lisa and I spent an hour and a half at a vacation time-share presentation in the hopes that we could say no and pick up a free 3 day 2 night airfare included vacation to California. (Without buying a condo) Well, we succeeded but not really by any of our doing. First off they made us sit through a general presentation, then they paired us off with a salesman. However, as friendly as our salesperson was, he really wasn't on his game that day and ended up taking way too long to tell us about himself, his family, and how much HE loved the product and failed to tell us what it would cost or anything really of value. His time ran out (we had somewhere to be and they told us it would only be an hour and a half) and we said we needed to get going. No high pressure sales or anything. When we needed to get out because of time they let us go. So we didn't even need to say NO to get our vacation, they practically gave it to us.

I thought it was going to be a much more trying experience, but it turns out it wasn't.

By the way, I've been finding that chicken is about the only meat that tastes bad to me. Lisa's mom made lamb the other night and it was wonderful. Thank you for your prayers, it looks like it's not all meat that doesn't like me right now, just the feathered variety.

Lisa and I are heading down to see Adam and Shelli this morning/ afternoon. See how they are settling in in Gig Harbor.

Thanks again for all the support and prayers, they mean a ton to Lisa and I.

~B.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:51 PM

    I think you mean previously feathered meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Nikko was on my knee when I read that. He started to get very nervous... (...Soylent Green is people!!!!)

    What a great gift fromt he Lord yesterday of your vacation in CA! He is so very kind to us!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you end up in the LA area and would like to have lunch on the Warner Bros. lot and have a short tour - Sean just started working there full-time last week. :)

    Been following your blog and praying!

    Blessings to you both.

    --catherine gaffney

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***