Friday, April 4

Reminders

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
-Romans 8:37-39 (NKJV)

I have been reminded these past couple of days from a few "random" sources that God loves me and has my refinement in mind for me through all that I have been going through. I read through Romans 8 tonight and was reminded of so many of God's promises to us in trials and tribulation. I would encourage you to read it over, it is a worthwhile thing to do.

I think these messages are coming at an appropriate time as my meeting with the Oncologist gets closer and I have to really honestly face what is going on inside my body. I think God is trying to remind me of the things I read tonight in Romans 8. No matter what the outcome nothing (cancer) can separate me from God's love. It has been hard, it will be hard, but God has something for me. I hope I'm paying enough attention to Him to know what it is.

Thanks for the support these past couple of weeks. Today was a good day of rest and I am looking forward to a further weekend of rest as well. Maybe I can get back to work soon.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***