Wednesday, June 4

Happy Birthday... a little early...

My half birthday doesn't roll around until July 10th, so I haven't made it halfway through 26 yet (interesting... I feel like the first half of the year always goes slower than the 2nd half...) but today I received three birthday cards!

Today Karen Lund handed me a little gift bag and it had 3 cards in it. One celebrating my 30th birthday, and a note on how scared we all were "a couple of years ago" when I had cancer. The next card celebrates my 60th birthday and says some nice things about my wife and the children I have. The final card was a (most likely) belated 90th birthday card.

I wanted to thank Karen for her thoughtfulness and creativity to encourage me through the next 64 years of life. It made me smile and I think perhaps I will try to keep these cards for the rest of my life. (I've tried to keep all the "cancer support" cards I have gotten this past year as well)

Thank you for believing that God has much more in store for me. Seriously all of your support has lifted me when I felt the darkest!

~B.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Karen, if you're reading this, you made me cry. How very creative and thoughtful. Great idea!!! (...and one I'll probably repeat w/ others in the future!)

    Thank you for encouraging us all!

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***