Friday, June 20

Quota

There is a study that talks about how many words a guy typically says in one day and how many words a lady will use in the course of her day. As a solo IT guy (working by myself all day long) my "word quota" barely gets touched. (Email, blogging, and writing do not enter into this quota at all for me.)

I joined Erik at NSB partially because he is a good friend and I knew working with him would be a lot of fun, and I would get a chance to talk tech with someone else during the day.

While this "quota" of words might not be noticeable to anyone else I encounter I think Lisa can probably tell. The days I fly solo and don't talk to many people makes me chatty when we get home in the evenings. The days I spend talking to people all day long I don't mind going home and not saying a whole lot.

I think if I ever go job hunting again (and unless the Lord chooses to take me home sooner rather than later) I will pay just as much attention to the people at the job as much as I do on the job itself. I think I might just ask about meeting the people I will be working with and asking about their interests and hobbies. No sense in working at some place where I am holed up in a cave with no one to talk to all day.

I want a job where I can burn through a good 3/4ths of my word-quota for the day and have enough left over to chat with Lisa at night.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***