Monday, March 22

Drugs, no drugs, and Alice

Wow... Despite my title I am going to hold pretty firmly that "Lewis Carroll" was NOT on drugs when he wrote Alice's Adventures in Wonderland he just had a much different background that we do today. (I mean how much fantasy have you read from 150 years ago? It's kind of the birth of the genre, and frankly it's some strange stuff. Closest you can probably get to modern day wise would be Neil Gaiman.)

Alice was enjoyable. However I think I didn't like this movie as much as I hoped because of how much I like(d) the source material. I was expecting (especially after Alice's first scene in Wonderland that I was going to be in for a very dark surreal joy-ride. The ride ended up being a Honda Civic on the weird scale and not a Porche. (Oh well, I expect they wanted to make some money off his movie and not cater to Ben's perfect ideal of how crazy cool an Alice movie COULD be.

Overall though I think they did a pretty good job of making a "3rd" Alice, as it happens 13 years after the first time she goes to Wonderland. It gets more adult and she works to control what happens to her instead of just being along for the ride. (Something that was VERY old-school fantasy) I'll probably watch it again in 2D when it's out on DVD to see what I think of it after I have already seen it. (I came to the conclusion that I really would like a Cheshire Cat for myself. Of all the characters I feel like they NAILED the cat.)

On the Drug front I got two of the three drugs I typically get this morning. Seems like we are still hunting for Temodar IV that I can use. I got them to hold off on me taking pils until Wed in hopes that we can track down the Temodar before then. PLEASE pray for that, that some can be found!

Monday is always a strange day. I am feeling at my peak when I go in and by the end of the day I can feel the chemo slow burning it's way through my body. Anyway, thank you all for the continued support. I appreciate it a lot.

~B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***