Saturday, April 2

Constants

Lisa and I begrudgingly pulled ourselves out of bed this overcast Houston morning and went to MDA, which is virtually a ghost town on the weekends compared to what it is like during the week. I suffered a semi-competent blood drawer and then we waited in the sarcoma center for an hour and a half to be told my platelets weren't low enough to infuse me, so go home and get them checked again when I am supposed to. That makes something like three extra weekend hours waiting for something I ultimately didn't need to wait for.

I've been working on not doing a whole lot lately. Which might sound kind of funny, but sometimes when I have an ounce of energy I feel like I can do oceans of energy worth of activities. When I do that I often find that I am in bed for many, many more hours than I did the activity. As such I am trying to curb my "hey I feel great!" and thus acting accordingly, to something more like, "hey, I feel great, let's not jump to conclusions about what I can do."

This is hard because I feel like grabbing the bull by the horns, but more often than not in these cases the bull throws me, quite far. So I am trying to learn to grB the rabbit by the ears instead of going for the whole bull. Please pray for me as I trytofigure out how to "pace" my life a little better.

~B.
[ Prayer request? Contact me and let me pray for you! (All requests are private) ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***