Wednesday, December 19

Back from the 4k a day Motel

Made it home in one piece... as I have blogged about in the past the first day back from a hospital visit is always pretty rough. I'm not sure what it is. Something emotionally and physically. I generally get kind of depressed or quiet at the best.

It IS nicer to be in somewhere a lot quieter than a lymphoma ward. (They misread some paperwork so I got a swanky lymphoma ward instead of the smaller, older sarcoma ward. You didn't find me complaining. (Though the doctor's did: "We have to walk further to get here!"))

Altogether is was a nice stay. A room with two TV's, a nice adjustable bed, a couch, and a desk. (Lisa came some of the time I was there and was able to work easily.) The staff was extremely nice and helpful. It really helps make me feel better when the staff makes some kind of effort to get to know you, asking questions about your story, etc. I did have one guy who would show up when I called and wouldn't say anything and then leave. But he was HIGHLY the exception.

Many of them we were able to talk about what God has been doing in our lives and be able to talk about some of the things that they have seen God do with healing right there in the hospital. One of the nurses even asked us to pray for her for a family thing as well. Which we will gladly remember her in prayer.

It was hard being so sick and in so much pain, but I really learned about some things to look out for when it comes to the way my body is changing with these tumors and in some degree how to take care of them and/or how to avoid the ER in the future. (And possibly go right to admission, or skip the whole hospital scenario in the first place.)

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I was feeling them working as I wasn't having bad dreams, the pain killer was effective, and the staff didn't seem to be working against me. (Which I don't think is ever the case... but sometimes it feels like it...)

Prayer Requests:
  • I continue to keep getting meds down, and that they are highly effective.
  • Great time in Colorado with my family, and for extra strength to be able to spend time with them and not worry about burning myself out. (Even if it's only for a few days...)
  • Safe driving to Colorado.
  • Wisdom for how to handle different health situations as they might arise in Colorado. (But Lord willing, they won't.)
  • Wisdom for how to handle knowing if I should go into work or not. (Health and energy reasons)

~B.
[ Prayer request? | Help Us? ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I am using DISQUIS for my comments these days. If you can see this and don't see the DISQUIS comments it probably means you are blocking cookies or are running an ad blocker that is blocking my comment stream. ***Any comments left here (on Google's comment system) will be deleted.***